How to Clean Car Floor Mats
Car floor mats protect our vehicles from the dirt outside, but, over time, they get too dirty to perform that function. You’ll notice the difference when you give them regular cleanings. The service center at Val Ward Cadillac shares our tried and true methods for how to clean car floor mats below!
How to Clean Rubber Floor Mats
Rubber floor mats are a common choice among people who might go on adventures outside Naples, or and they’re great for protecting your floors from sand. Here’s how to clean rubber floor mats:
- Gather supplies. You’ll need a vacuum, your chosen rubber floor mat cleanser, a stiff bristle brush, hose/bucket of water, microfiber towel, and a place to hang your mats
- Remove the mats to start, as you’ll want some space and a place to dry the mats.
- Vacuum the mats and shake them vigorously to get all the debris.
- Rinse the mats before using the cleaner. Follow all the instructions on your rubber floor mat cleaner, then rise off the mat again.
- Dry off the mats using a microfiber or by hanging them out. You want absolutely dry rubber floor mats, so give it time!
How to Clean Carpet Floor Mats
Most vehicles come with standard carpet floor mats, and they’re a common component in luxury vehicles. Here’s how to clean carpet floor mats using supplies you can get with the help of a parts center:
- Gather supplies. You’ll need a vacuum, a carpet floor mat cleaner, a brush, a hose/ bucket of water, a wet vac (if available), and a place to hang your mats
- Remove the mats from the vehicle to begin, just like we mentioned with our guide to how to clean rubber floor mats.
- Remove the dirt with a vacuum cleaner. Giving the mats a good shake will also get off the more stubborn dust and dirt particles.
- Clean the mats with your cleaner, following all the instructions to the letter. Here’s where you’ll use a brush on tough spots.
- After the mats are cleaned and rinsed, you’ll want to dry the mats. This can be done with a wet vac or by hanging them up. You don’t want dampness in your car, so make sure they are dry as possible!
Get Car Maintenance with Val Ward Cadillac!
At Val Ward Cadillac, we want Fort Meyer-area drivers to feel empowered to take care of their vehicles. That’s why we offer service specials and Quality Care among tips like how to clean car floor mats. Contact us today to set up an appointment and make your car look like new!